Meru County Assembly plays a direct and active role in County affairs,major roles include Legislation,Representation and Oversight.
- Making laws that will improve our lives;
- Maintain close contact with the electorate and consult them on issues before or under discussion in the county assembly
- Present views, opinions and proposals of the electorate to the county assembly;
- Attend sessions of the county assembly and its committees;
- Provide a linkage between the county assembly and the electorate on public service delivery; and
- Consulting with the public, and representing public views in Parliament;
- Helping people in their wards
- Approving the budgets of government departments, as presented to Assembly by the CEC of Finance;
- Checking that public money is being spent wisely.